Although it is relatively new, the cannabis industry is already seeing a boom in startups and businesses looking to capitalize on this new-found legalization (in certain states). With this growth comes a wave of lawyers looking to build name recognition in this niche practice area.
In order to grow a successful cannabis law practice, it’s important to understand the legal and ethical issues associated with practicing cannabis law. Joining me to share his experience and insight as a cannabis lawyer is Jason Beahm. Jason is a criminal defense attorney with several offices across California.
What We Discuss in This Episode:
- What is cannabis law and how can you, as a lawyer, break into that practice area?
- How to deal with the stigma associated with working in this industry?
- What affect have recent changes in cannabis law had on other sectors like finance?
- Should lawyers be able to advise clients on violations of law?
- How can lawyers walk the fine line between state and federal law if there is disharmony between the two?
- When advising clients, what should you know about accounting and investing?
- What does the future hold for this industry?
- Will special events organizers be able to apply for permits to allow cannabis on the premises?
- How past marijuana convictions will be handled moving forward?
Twitter: @beahmlaw and @jasonbeahm
Thank you for listening!
Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to the show to receive every new episode delivered straight to your podcast player every Tuesday.
If you enjoyed this episode, please help me get the word out about this podcast. Rate and Review this show in Apple Podcasts, Stitcher Radio, Google Play, and Tunein and be sure to share this podcast with a friend.
Be sure to connect with me and reach out with any questions/concerns:
Email me at megan[at]zaviehlaw[dot]com
This podcast is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not to be construed as legal advice specific to your circumstances. If you need help with any legal matters, be sure to consult with an attorney regarding your specific needs.