If you’re a new lawyer just starting out in your legal career, you’ll want to tune in to episode to hear my top 10 tips (and 1 bonus one!) to help you succeed.
If you’re a more seasoned attorney, I’d love to hear your best tip for new lawyers. Tweet me @zaviehlaw
My top 10 tips:
- No matter how brilliant you are, you are going to be working with people who know more than you do
- Why “I don’t know” or “No” are not sufficient responses
- Ask a lot of questions (even if you think you’re irritating the people you’re asking)
- Communication is key!
- Under-promise and over-deliver
- Internalize feedback, from anyone, but especially from senior members at your firm
- Have an exit strategy
- Give help and give credit
- Know your tools
- Don’t forget to network!
And one bonus:
Take care of yourself!
Thank you for listening!
Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to the show to receive every new episode delivered straight to your podcast player every Tuesday.
If you enjoyed this episode, please help me get the word out about this podcast. Rate and Review this show in Apple Podcasts, Stitcher Radio, Google Play, and Tunein and be sure to share this podcast with a friend.
Be sure to connect with me and reach out with any questions/concerns:
Email me at megan[at]zaviehlaw[dot]com
This podcast is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not to be construed as legal advice specific to your circumstances. If you need help with any legal matters, be sure to consult with an attorney regarding your specific needs.