What are some proper billing practices that can help reduce the potential for bar complaints against you? In this episode, I share several best practices when it comes to billing clients for work performed.
What I Cover In this Episode:
- Make sure what’s reflected in your retainer agreement is also reflected in your billing practices
- Bill early and bill often
- Why you should describe the work you’re performing even if you’re billing on a flat fee basis instead of hourly
- Reconcile your trust account at least once a month
- Should the bills you send out include some sort of update on the case?
- What method of client communication will increase their chances of receiving and opening their bills?
- Keep copies of the bills you send to the clients
Thank you for listening!
Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to the show to receive every new episode delivered straight to your podcast player every Tuesday.
If you enjoyed this episode, please help me get the word out about this podcast. Rate and Review this show in Apple Podcasts, Stitcher Radio, and Google Play, and be sure to share this podcast with a friend.
Be sure to connect with me and reach out with any questions/concerns:
Email me at megan[at]zaviehlaw[dot]com
This podcast is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not to be construed as legal advice specific to your circumstances. If you need help with any legal matters, be sure to consult with an attorney regarding your specific needs.