A struggle for all law practices is getting paid. Even when you think you have a clear fee agreement, without effective communication and ease of payment, you may well find yourself with mounting receivables.
Today Megan Zavieh shares tactics to help you avoid those “I’ll pay you when’s…” and how to maintain a stress-free relationship with your clients. To learn more about making payments easy for your clients, tune into this episode of Lawyers Gone Ethical.
- Collecting receivables as a solo lawyer
- Making it easy for your clients to pay you
- Basics about credit cards for lawyers
- Using automated reminders for billing
- Requiring upfront payments
- Creating a buffer to ensure you get paid
- Executing clear communication with the client to protect both parties
- Having a written contract & what to include
- Making sure your fees can be justified
- Keeping detailed records of your work and time
- Addressing non-payment early in the relationship
Thank you for listening!
Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to the show to receive every new episode delivered straight to your podcast player every Tuesday.
If you enjoyed this episode, please help me get the word out about this podcast. Rate and Review this show in Apple Podcasts, Stitcher Radio, Google Play, and Tunein and be sure to share this podcast with a friend.
Be sure to connect with me and reach out with any questions/concerns:
Email me at megan[at]zaviehlaw[dot]com
This podcast is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not to be construed as legal advice specific to your circumstances. If you need help with any legal matters, be sure to consult with an attorney regarding your specific needs.
Links to Resources: