Note: This is a replay of our most popular episode – Episode 28
What Kenneth Shares in This Episode:
- His lack of self-esteem as a child, where that stemmed from, and how it affected his beliefs about himself
- How he became the first African American lawyer at one of the largest firms in Cincinnati
- Why fear of personal insecurity, failure, economic insecurity, and other fears held him back
- What finally led him to leave his corporate position to open his own law practice
- How he acquired Deion Sanders as a client
- Despite being happier as a solo practitioner, Kenneth still felt like “something was missing”
- His adoption and how he tracked down his biological mother
- When he first realized he was addicted and how the addiction escalated
- What led him to attend his first Alcoholics Anonymous meeting
- How he handled a public disbarment
- Why going to prison might have been the wakeup call he needed
- How he secured his current professor position with the University of Hawaii
- The lesson he has learned about forgiving others and letting go of anger
If you’re licensed as an attorney in California and need addiction help and services, here are several resources for you.
A resource for rebuilding your finances after rehab
ABA Journal article about Kenneth and the road to redemption for disbarred lawyers
Thanks for listening!
Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to the show to receive every new episode delivered straight to your podcast player every Tuesday.
If you enjoyed this episode, please help me get the word out about this podcast. Rate and Review this show in Apple Podcasts, Stitcher Radio, Google Play, and Tunein and be sure to share this podcast with a friend.
Be sure to connect with me and reach out with any questions or recommendations for specific resources:
Email me at megan[at]zaviehlaw[dot]com
This podcast is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not to be construed as legal advice specific to your circumstances. If you need help with any legal matters, be sure to consult with an attorney regarding your specific needs.