With increased competition from other lawyers as well as legal companies, the legal client nowadays has a lot of choices when it comes to hiring legal help. That’s why it is crucial for lawyers to recognize the importance of crafting a positive client experience that motivates the potential client to want to work with you (as opposed to just “have to” work with you).
Joining me on the show today is Jess Birken. Through her innovative subscription services, Jess serves non-profit and art organizations in Minneapolis. She previously appeared on Episode 14 and Episode 38.
What We Discuss in this Episode:
- How do you make your clients want to call you as opposed to have to call you?
- How Jess is building her subscription services
- Why the client experience has become of utmost importance
- How the definition of “luxury” in restaurants evolved and what we can learn from that service industry
- My husband’s unfortunate experience with Starbucks
- Should you be concerned with what your client is experiencing with every interaction with you?
- Jess’s experience with a car dealership that exemplifies customer loyalty
- How do you map your customer’s journey?
- Thinking about your customer journey is one thing. Taking action and implementing change is another
- Don’t get overwhelmed if you’re just starting out. A small step at a time is the way to go
- The importance of asking your clients for feedback
- Sarah Smerage article https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-create-client-journey-map-sarah-smerage/
- Our YouTube videos about acuity scheduling for managing intake:
- Part 1 https://youtu.be/aQj6darUCu4
- Part 2 https://youtu.be/fwVXtwVizGw
- Jess’s YouTube videos on scheduling and delegation
- Jess’s website
- Twitter https://twitter.com/JessBirken
- Website www.hackyourpractice.lawyer
- Jess’ subscription service https://birkenlaw.com/mission-guardian/
Thank you for listening!
Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to the show to receive every new episode delivered straight to your podcast player every Tuesday.
If you enjoyed this episode, please help me get the word out about this podcast. Rate and Review this show in Apple Podcasts, Stitcher Radio, Google Play, and Tunein and be sure to share this podcast with a friend.
Be sure to connect with me and reach out with any questions/concerns:
Email me at megan[at]zaviehlaw[dot]com
This podcast is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not to be construed as legal advice specific to your circumstances. If you need help with any legal matters, be sure to consult with an attorney regarding your specific needs.