The better your law practice is managed, the less likely you are to fall short on even basic ethics duties like competence, diligence, and communication. That’s why audits of your law firm technology, marketing, and practice management are so important.
In this episode, I’m joined by Jared Correia, Founder and CEO of Red Cave Law Firm Consulting, which offers subscription-based law firm business management consulting and technology services for solo and small law firms.
What We Discuss in This Episode:
- Why workload overwhelm, not intentional misbehavior, is what often causes lawyers to run into ethics trouble
- What you can learn from examples of lawyers who, either through their own actions or not, experienced disasters that affected their abilities to conduct their legal work
- When it comes to technology, marketing, and management practices, what exactly should you be doing?
- How you, as a law firm owner, can get your staff to provide input regarding office operations
- What types of technology should your firm employ in order to avoid ethics traps?
- When it comes to your firm’s financials, what software should you use and what systems can you institute to improve performance?
- The ethics of marketing tools and channels
Productivity tools like email: Microsoft office or even better, Office 365
Document cloud storage: Google Drive or One Drive
Scanner: Dropbox built in scanner or Scansnap
Jared’s website: www.redcavelegal.com
Thank you for listening!
Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to the show to receive every new episode delivered straight to your podcast player every Tuesday.
If you enjoyed this episode, please help me get the word out about this podcast. Rate and Review this show in Apple Podcasts, Stitcher Radio, and Google Play, and be sure to share this podcast with a friend.
Be sure to connect with me and reach out with any questions/concerns:
Email me at megan[at]zaviehlaw[dot]com
This podcast is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not to be construed as legal advice specific to your circumstances. If you need help with any legal matters, be sure to consult with an attorney regarding your specific needs.